NEWSLETTER - FROM MR TRIMBLE 11.02.21
Dear Parents/ Carers,
As we approach the start of the February half-term holiday, we need to be able to track and trace any potential case of Covid 19, after the pupils have finished school and until they stop being classed as a 'close contact.' Therefore, please the following carefully and only use it if it applies to you/your family in relation to Covid 19.
If you or your child has a confirmed case of Covid 19 during the holidays (up until we return) you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org . This will be monitored every morning at half term. Please don’t call the normal absence line as this won’t be covered during half term.
Remember as soon as your child or any member of your household develops symptoms, they must start self-isolating immediately and book a test.
Main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot, for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours
- A loss or change to sense of smell or taste – this means they cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If you are not sure whether symptoms suggest that they have COVID-19 or an everyday cough or cold, you can consult this online NHS symptom checker:
Please do not send children back to school on February 22nd, if any of the following apply:
- They have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19)
- They, any members of your household, or any close contacts (including extended family or friends they have seen and bubbles at holiday activities and sports clubs) have tested positive for COVID-19
- They haven’t completed the full 10-day isolation period requested
Self-isolating is one of the most important things we can all do to help stop the spread of the virus and protect our loved ones and the vulnerable. You can read our helpful self-isolating guide at:www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/selfisolatingguide If you or your family are affected by COVID-19 and need support locally with things like shopping, getting medication or financial advice, visit:www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/coronavirus or contact us directly. We can help! Yours sincerely S D Trimble Executive Headteacher