At Larwood School, our pupils study the national curriculum within small class groups, supported by differentiated activities, well qualified staff and excellent resources. Currently, some of the features of our curriculum include:
- Setting for pupils in years 5/6 for English and Maths only
- Thursday curriculum enhancement programme for pupils in Years 4/5/6. Activities include woodwork crafts, games activities, Outdoor education (using school grounds, local providers in Stevenage and Harlow and with a secondary BESD School-Hailey Hall), first aid, cooking and art.
- Friday reward programme, which operates in the afternoon. This is based on pupils gaining enough points during the week to take part in indoor games, ICT activities, arts and craft, off-site adventure activities such as climbing and sailing, as well as lego and sports related events using our astroturf facility
- Dedicated Physical Education specialist
- The use of a specialist unit to cater for pupils who may need extra care, guidance and direction. This is called Fox
- One to one provision to close the gaps in attainment and progress that some pupils may have experienced