Services on Offer
We currently offer 4 main types of support for mainstream schools:
- Pupil Focused Support: Support and advice directed at a specific pupil.
- School Focused Support: More general support and training for individuals or groups of staff within a mainstream school setting.
- In-reach: An opportunity for mainstream staff to spend time at Larwood.
- Training courses: Events run by the Outreach Team at Larwood School.
Pupil focused support
- Supporting the development of effective behaviour management strategies.
- Guidance for creation, implementation and review of behaviour support plans.
- Creating, and supporting staff to create, resources to support learning.
- Strategies to assist with inclusion.
- Advice on differentiation and curriculum development.
- Facilitate discussion with parents and other professionals for additional support.
- Discussion to generate, implement and review ideas and strategies.
SCHOOL FOCUSED SUPPORT
If a school feels there are multiple members of staff who may benefit from support or training in particular areas of behaviour management then they may choose to submit a school focused referral.
Support is available in a range of formats including:
- Whole school staff meetings.
- Small group training sessions.
Visits to Larwood school to:
- Observe general practice or specific strategies.
- Share ideas and resources.