Hire our Facilities
Larwood School will always consider reasonable requests for hiring the school’s facilities for local community and educational groups, but priority will be given to the following uses:
- After-school clubs during term-time for Larwood pupils only.
- Activities that the residential team have in place.
- Evening events organised by school, parents evening, gym and dance display, school pantomime etc.
All lettings to outside clubs etc. will be judged against potential clashes with existing users.
Applications are to be made in writing, either by letter or email, to the Business Manager - Sandra Fitzpatrick (email@example.com). Once approval has been given, the Business Manager will then be responsible for the administration, keeping the Site Manager, Steve Miles informed. The Headteacher along with the Chair of Governors and the Business Manager will discuss any possible contentious hirings.
All paid hirings will require a lettings confirmation form to be used as the contract. Each hirer should also be given a copy of the policy to ensure that all the other issues listed below, plus other terms and conditions, are discussed and agreed:
- Clear definition of days, times, how long contract for and charges (reviewed annually) and when to be paid
- Insurance cover: Third Party Insurance Cover - 10% of total charges (Compulsory).
- All Health and Safety regulations complied with
- Agreement over maximum number of children per instructor outside or in hall or classroom
- Conditions over use of school buildings/grounds, if applicable – which rooms/toilets, what happens in wet weather, how the Site Manager wishes it to be left/cleaning instructions
- The school will charge for any damage/loss
- Safety/risk assessment issues – hirer to provide own first aid kit and bring own mobile phone, so that the office can remain locked
- Use of kitchen facilities requires prior agreement with the Head of Kitchen, Mike Hodgeson and compliance with Food Safety regulations
- Consideration to be given to local residents and residents that live on school site re noise/car speeds and parking
- Procedures for advertising the club within school and collecting/handing over monies to hirer (if applicable)
- Breaches of these conditions may result in immediate termination of this contract by the Headteacher, in consultation with the Chair of Governors, on behalf of the Governing Body.
- All hirers must be aware that the entire premises of Larwood School is a no smoking area.
- There is a minimum hire of two hours.
The hirer must agree to this contract by signing and provide an original or certified copy of their public liability insurance. Bookings will not be permitted to take place until that has been done.
Hirers requiring regular bookings who are new to the school will have a trial period of 2 uses before the contract is officially confirmed. For all hirers, there will also be a refundable deposit of £100.00 to be paid against possible damage/breakage during the hiring period.
Regular hirers will be given one month’s written notice of any increase in charges.
Payment in full will be paid 2 months before the event or seven days prior to the event if booking is less than 6 weeks ahead.
Scale of Charges
|Location||Cost per hour|
|Main Hall, Dining Room and Kitchen||£40.00*|
|Astro Turf 3G||£35.00|
|1/2 day (less than 4 hours)||£110.00|
|Beverages on arrival and lunch breaks included.
Additional beverages per head
|Lunch||£5.00 - £8.00 + (per head)|
*This charge includes: 2 hours set up/cleaning time, heating, lighting, electricity and water charges, cost of minimum two hours for the Site Manager.
The governing body may consider concessionary rates for charity groups.
The above charges all relate to events of under 100 people. For all larger events, the charges are negotiable.
The above charges are all per hour and will be reviewed annually with the policy review.
Larwood staff are entitled to a 25% reduction but will be responsible for security and cleaning by agreement with the headteacher.